Air India shut to put historic 500 plane order to Airbus, Boeing: Report | Aviation Information

As per an unique report on Reuters, Tata-owned Air India is shut to put a landmark order for as many as 500 jetliners value tens of billions of {dollars} from each Airbus and Boeing. The report additional states that the orders could embrace 400 narrow-body jets and 100 or extra wide-bodies, together with dozens of Airbus A350s and Boeing 787s and 777s. 

The report comes at a time when Air India plans to carve out an formidable renaissance below the Tata Group conglomerate, trade sources mentioned on Sunday. If the report is true, this deal will probably be one of many largest on the earth and might put Air India again on the worldwide map. 

Air India is present process a serious overhaul and just lately introduced to moist lease 12 jetliners, six large and 6 slim physique planes. The Indian airline additionally introduced to refurbish not-in-use planes to assist cater newer routes.

Not too long ago, Tata group made an necessary announcement on the Vistara and Air India merger, whereby Singapore Airways will retain a 25.1 per cent stake in Air India. The deal will take the ultimate form by March 2024, publish statutory approvals.

At the moment, Tata group maintain a 51 per cent stake in Vistara, whereas the remaining 49 per cent stake is with Singapore Airways. In a launch, SIA mentioned Vistara and Air India can be merged, and it will even be investing Rs 2,058.5 crore in Air India as a part of the transaction. Additionally, Singapore Airways has confirmed that it’s going to fund the funding by its inner money sources.

Related Articles

Back to top button